Friday, May 14, 2010

On the Design Wall: Love

I've got Love on the wall!


I'm so excited to get this quilt started.  It's been on my mind ever since Stephanie shared hers last year.   So many people loved it and wanted to know how she did it.  She has since written a great tutorial.  All the circles are appliqued on using your sewing machine.  I've still got to sew the half looking circles up there and decide on a final layout.  The original has a piano key border, but I'm thinking white and maybe a small thin scrappy border.  What do you think?


BTW-It works perfectly with pre-cut charm square.  It just got even easier!

-A

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy the tutorial is working for you! And the charm pack approach really makes it easier- and you can just cut each charm in half if you want to make the piano key border. (You could sew several together, then cut in half, mixing up the groups.. did that make sense?) Anyway, can't wait to see yours all finished, whatever you do for the borders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really pretty..those fabrics are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean a thin scrappy border where the original quilt has the green-ish coloured one? And then plain white instead of the piano keys? I think it would look great. You're flying along with these quilt! Kids are still locked up then I assume. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making all the quilts I have in my mind! Wait! Are you my mind? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...